Are you looking for a volunteering opportunity that you can do from the comfort of your office?
Are you keen to become a mentor?
Are you available for at least one hour during business hours for 6 months?
iTrack is The Smith Family's online mentoring program, which aims to provide students with opportunities to develop appropriate relationships with supportive adults, and to provide young people with insight and information about the world of work, study and career opportunities. Senior high school students are matched with professionals currently engaged in the workforce, with pairs taking part in weekly online communication via a monitored chat room, over the course of two school terms.
· iTrack runs from late April to October each year- if you are going on extended holidays during this period you may need to consider registering for another volunteering opportunity
· Weekly on-line chat sessions are conducted at the same time and day each week during students' class hours, for a minimum of 60 minutes per week (Please note, days/times are set by participating schools and will not be determined until close to program commencement).
· Successful applicants will be provided with a set chat time & day in April; this session time will remain constant throughout the program.
· As iTrack is an on-line program, you will need to have access to a computer with internet access during business (ie. school) hours
· Our team will be conducting interviews from November to February. These will take place at IBM offices in selected locations or at The Smith Family's offices. If you are a returning mentor, you will not need to be interviewed again and will be placed in our pool of mentors for matching in March.
· Successful applicants will need to attend a 4 hour training session (out of business hours) prior to the start of the program
· As part of The Smith Family's Child Protection Framework, we require all mentors to complete a National Police Check and Working with Children Check, as required by state and federal law. Mentors will also be asked to provide contact details for two character references.
How to Apply
Please click on the link to register your interest for iTrack 2013 - Register
Should you have any questions about your expression of interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 1300 397 730. We are available Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 to 5 (AEST).